Click here to view the Kansas City chapter leaders.
Upcoming Chapter Events
Date: July 26, 2017
Location: Nearman Water Treatment Plant
4301 Brenner Drive, Kansas City, KS 66104
Speaker: Our guest speaker will be Donna Vieira CIP Compliance Analyst at Kansas City Board of Public Utilities. Donna speciliazes in:
- Providing technical and compliance advice to the functional groups regarding interpretation of the CIP Reliability Standard requirements and providing guidanc on how the functional groups can assure compliance with the requirements
- Defining best practices for methods, processes and procedures for securing cyber/information systems
- Monitoring CIP compliance and the compliance program effectiveness
- Designing and developing CIP/CyberSecurity Awareness and Training Program
- Project leader for audit engagements and compliance projects including hardware/software implementation
Speaker Topic: Cyber security impacts all of us, and in the wordl today where incessant hackers try to both steal identity and gain access to secure facilities it's more important than ever to be aware of what that means for our day-to-day lives both to protect our own personal information and that of our business systems.
RSVP: Please RSVP to Paul Crocker at email@example.com. A list of attendess is required for access to the plant. Attendees to not need to be members of SMRP.
Previous Chapter Events
The Kansas City chapter held their first meeting with presentations from Joe Torrago of MAMTC and Robert Matthews of Royal Purple followed by a plant tour of the Nearman Water Treatment Plant in Kansas City, Kansas.
Annual Dues: $50
*Membership with SMRP National is required to be a member of an SMRP Chapter
Join this chapter
Stay connected with this chapter through the Community page.