Click here to view the Nebraska/Iowa chapter leaders.
Upcoming Chapter Events
Regular Chapter Meetings take place the third Thursday of every month at 12:00 pm CST. For additional information, please contact a chapter leader.
Previous Chapter Events
In the early morning of Tuesday, April 17th, the Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum (SACAM) held still in the early daylight. The museum was temporarily quiet but in just a few hours, the museum would be bustling with activity. Fast forward to 7:30 am, and guests were beginning to arrive. Board members and volunteers of the NE/IA SMRP Chapter were arriving and preparing for the day’s festivities. Banners were hung by vendors, nametags were handed out and other miscellaneous business was cared for. By 9:00 am, over 100 people had arrived at the museum and the NE/IA SMRP Chapter Event was officially underway.
The 4th Annual NE/IA Chapter Event was highlighted by presentations, vendors and comradery. The day started with Chapter Chair, Dennis Uhl, giving a brief overview on the work that the chapter has been doing including partnering with local colleges in the Nebraska and Iowa areas. Larry Hoing, the Chair of the Board of the Directors, also addressed the benefits of becoming a member of SMRP.
After the opening addresses, the attendees could choose between two tracks of sessions to attend. Between the two tracks there were four sessions in the morning and four sessions in the afternoon. The sessions covered the following topics:
- Operations Deflection Shape (ODS) Overview and Case Studies - the use of ODS to perform advanced diagnostics of vibration and noise using the animation of vibrational patterns
- Developing Quality Key Performance Indicators – the process of finding KPIs that add value and drive improvement
- Proper Electrical Grounding - the proper way to ground instrumentation to reduce noise while adhering to and improving upon the NEC standards
- Developing a Business Case for Management - how to properly develop a vision and lay out the benefits of a potential project
- Alignment/Thermal Growth – how to align a shaft and how thermal growth affects the accuracy of alignment
- Doing Good Planning and Scheduling – best practices for effective planning and scheduling
- Internet of Things (IOT) and Data Science – how IOT and data science are driving improvement and how they are used
- What Community Colleges Can Offer for Skills Development – how community colleges prepare their students to be successful for technical careers
In between sessions and at lunch, attendees were also given the opportunity to interact with vendors and explore the SACAM. The vendors set-up booths in the main room and were available for hands on demos, best practices and general industry discussion.
After the sessions completed, the day ended with members of the NE/IA SMRP Chapter gathering to have a chapter meeting. The day’s events were discussed and board elections were held. Overall, the event was a success and the chapter is planning on hosting the event at the Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum again next year.
Annual Dues: $25
*Membership with SMRP National is required to be a member of an SMRP Chapter
Join this chapter
Stay connected with this chapter through the Community page.