Articles in this issue should cover activities used to assess the current capabilities of equipment and processes in terms of their reliability, availability, maintainability and criticality. This may include how to select and apply the most appropriate maintenance practices so the equipment and processes continue to deliver their intended capabilities in the safest and most cost-effective manner.
Subjects would include:
- Determining equipment and process performance expectations from the business plan.
- Establishing current performance levels and analyze gaps.
- Developing a maintenance strategy to ensure performance.
- Cost-justifying (budget) tactics selected for implementation.
- Executing a maintenance strategy.
- Reviewing performance and adjusting the maintenance strategy.
Examples of topics that might fit into this area also include:
- Applied technology preventive maintenance
- Reliability-centered maintenance
- Lubricant analysis
- Vibration analysis
- Infrared thermograph
Ready to write? View our submission and article guidelines and write your article. Send your article and accompanying documents and images to email@example.com.