Demonstrating continued competence in maintenance, reliability and physical asset management through a variety of professional development activities is required to maintain your certifications. Over a three (3) year period, CMRPs and CMRTs are required to accumulate 50 contact hours in at least two (2) out of a possible 12 activities. Detailed information can be found in the CMRP Candidate Guide for Certification and Recertification and the CMRT Candidate Guide for Certification and Recertification.
If you are unable to fulfill the eligibility or recertification requirements of your CMRP or CMRT, you may request to voluntarily surrender your certification. To do so, complete the SMRPCO Certification Surrender Form.
Recertification Fee Schedule
- SMRP Members: $150.00 (USD)
- Sustaining Sponsor Organization Employees & U.S. Veterans (Certification Only): $100.00 (USD)
- Sustaining Sponsor Organization Employees & U.S. Veterans (includes 1-year SMRP membership): $255.00 (USD)
- Nonmembers (includes 1-year SMRP membership): $305.00 (USD)
- Nonmembers (No membership included): $305.00 (USD)
You may recertify by completing a paper application or online.
To recertify online, please select the appropriate online application below:
To download a paper application:
NOTE: Please do not email this form - it must be faxed or mailed.
- You must complete the entire online application in one session. You will not be able to save the application and return to it later.
- There is a 40 minute time limit on the recertification application. We recommend that you have all your documentation ready before you begin the application.
- All fees must be paid prior to receiving your new certificate; this includes payments made by check, wire transfer or purchase order.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation after you submit your application.
- Please login to your profile to ensure your contact information is updated. Failure to do so may result in failure to receive a new certificate.
Please contact SMRPCO at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 241-7333 if you need assistance.