The SMRP monthly member newsletter, called Solutions Monthly, is proud to feature unique articles written by SMRP members concerning topics important to them and their colleagues. Each quarter has a theme, which is carried out in the newsletters for those months.
The theme for Q2 (October-December, according to SMRP's fiscal year) is "preventable disasters." Articles must relate to this theme, or they will not be considered.
All authors will need to complete and submit the following documents to be considered for publication:
Submitted articles are evaluated on the follow criteria:
- Does the article relate to the appropriate month's topic?
- Does the article inform, instruct or entertain audience?
- Does the article cover the basics: who, what, when, where, why and how?
- Is the article timely and cover a relevant topic related to the issue theme?
- Does the article show imagination and creativity?
- Does the writing have unity, coherence and emphasis? Does it have complete, clear and logically organized information?
- Does the article demonstrate good editing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, typos and clarity?
- Does the article have form/style appropriate to content/purpose?
- Does the article cite authority and sources, if appropriate?
- Does the article provide background and perspective?
See below for guidelines when considering writing for the magazine:
- SMRP will not accept articles promoting an individual, company or specific product or offering.
- All articles must relate to the assigned topic for the month.
- Please limit article word length to 2,000 words.
- Please submit all references in Chicago Style endnotes.
Send your article, any images and biography & release form to [email protected].