Demonstrating continued competence in maintenance, reliability and physical asset management through a variety of professional development activities is required to maintain your certifications. Over a three (3) year period, CMRPs and CMRTs are required to accumulate at least 50 contact hours from at least two (2) out of a possible 12 activities.
CMRP Certification & Recertification Guide CMRT Certification & Recertification Guide
Recertification Fee Schedule
- SMRP Members: $150.00 (USD)
- Sustaining Sponsor Organization Employees & U.S. Veterans (Certification Only): $100.00 (USD)
- Sustaining Sponsor Organization Employees & U.S. Veterans (includes 1-year SMRP membership): $270.00 (USD)
- Nonmembers (includes 1-year SMRP membership): $320.00 (USD)
- Nonmembers (No membership included): $320.00 (USD)
CMRP Recertification Instructions CMRT Recertification Instructions.
To recertify online, please select the appropriate online application below:
Please use the forms below as a guide to assist you with your application process
If you are unable to fulfill the recertification requirements for your CMRP or CMRT, you may request to voluntarily surrender your certification. To do so, complete the SMRPCO Certification Surrender Form.
- You must complete the entire online application in one session. You will not be able to save the application and return to it later.
- There is a 40 minute time limit on the recertification application. We recommend that you have all your documentation ready before you begin the application.
- All fees must be paid prior to receiving your new certificate; this includes payments made by check, wire transfer or purchase order.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation that your application was submitted.
- Please login to your profile to ensure your contact information is updated. Failure to do so may result in failure to have a new certificate uploaded to your profile.
- If your certification has expired and you would like to submit a request for an extension, you must complete the SMRPCO Recertification Extension Request form online before your expiration date.
Please contact SMRPCO at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-7354 if you need assistance.