The Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) program is the leading credential for certifying the knowledge, skills and abilities of maintenance, reliability and physical asset management professionals.
The CMRP is the only certification program of its kind accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), which follows the globally-recognized ISO standards for its accreditation purposes. The test is a thorough examination of a broad scope of expertise measured against the universal standard. It was developed to assess professionals’ aptitude within the five pillars of the SMRP Body of Knowledge (BoK), which include: Business & Management, Equipment Reliability, Manufacturing Process Reliability, Organization & Leadership, and Work Management.
The CMRP is available to any maintenance and reliability professional, regardless of education background or work experience. Candidates interested in sitting for the CMRP must:
- Complete and submit the CMRP application
- Pay all applicable fees in advance
- Have no prior conviction of a felony or other crime or moral turpitude
- Have not sat for the exam within the past six (6) months
The CMRP Candidate Guide for Certification and Recertification contains more information about the exam and eligibility requirements.
- SMRP members: $300.00 (USD)
- Sustaining Sponsor employee or U.S. Veterans: $250.00 (USD)
- Nonmembers: $470.00 (USD)