The SMRP monthly member newsletter, called Solutions Monthly, is proud to feature unique articles written by SMRP members concerning topics important to them and their colleagues. In the new SMRP fiscal year, each month has a theme, which is carried out in the newsletters. Articles must relate to this theme or they will not be considered.
Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Themes
|July 2021: Looking Ahead at FY22
||January 2022: New Year, New Emerging Technologies
|August 2021: Workplace Health and Safety
||February 2022: Engineer Week
|September 2021: Workforce Development
||March 2022: Women in Maintenance & Reliability
|October 2021: Manufacturing Day & Annual Conference
||April 2022: Manufacturing Process Reliability
|November 2021: Organization & Leadership
||May 2022: Business & Management
|December 2021: Happy Holidays
||June 2022: Equipment Reliability
The deadline for submission is typically the last Monday of every month, with the exception of holidays. For inclusion in the September newsletter, the deadline will be August 30.
All authors will need to complete and submit the following documents to be considered for publication:
Submitted articles are evaluated on the follow criteria:
- Does the article relate to the appropriate month's topic?
- Does the article inform, instruct or entertain audience?
- Does the article cover the basics: who, what, when, where, why and how?
- Is the article timely and cover a relevant topic related to the issue theme?
- Does the article show imagination and creativity?
- Does the writing have unity, coherence and emphasis? Does it have complete, clear and logically organized information?
- Does the article demonstrate good editing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, typos and clarity?
- Does the article have form/style appropriate to content/purpose?
- Does the article cite authority and sources, if appropriate?
- Does the article provide background and perspective?
See below for guidelines when considering writing for the magazine:
- SMRP will not accept articles promoting an individual, company or specific product or offering.
- All articles must relate to the assigned topic for the month.
- Please limit article word length to 2,000 words.
- Please submit all references in Chicago Style endnotes.
Send your article, any images and biography & release form to [email protected]