An SMRP Senior Member is a leader in the Maintenance and Reliability community that makes a positve contribution to the promotions and development of the discipline. They demonstrate experience, leadership, and vision, promoting the benefits of maintenance and relibiability and further the objectives of the Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals.
The following requirements must be met to apply:
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Must hold a designation or one SMRP certification (CMRT, CMRP, or CAMA) in addition to another industry-pertinent and recognized certification (includes but is not limited to: LSS GB, PMAX, CMSE, REC, CRL, MLT1, CPMM, CRL, CEFP, CRE, PMP, Lean & 6 Sigma Black Belt).
- 10 years of demonstrated leadership in 2 of the 5 pillars of the SMRP Body of Knowledge which include: business and management, manufacturing process reliability, equipment reliability, organization and leadership, and work management.
- Applicants will be asked to participate in an interview where you will be asked to provide a portfolio of supporting evidence.
- Must have demonstrated contribution to SMRP:
- Committee leadership
- Extensive committee membership
- Presented at symposia, conference, or a live webinar. Alternatively, or in conjunction, served on staffing groups Senior Leadership, Program and Services, Governmetn Relations, Marketing and Communications.
- Must have a minimum of two proposers. They must be from current senior members. Your proposers must be able to, to the best of their knowledge: verify your claimed responsibility, experience, and service to SMRP.
- Provide copies of your current certifications.
- Acknowledge that you will uphold the SMRP Code of Conduct.
For information on refences visit our Reference Guidance for Senior Member Applicants page.
If you believe you meet this criteria and would like to apply for Senior membership. Please apply below. All applications will be reviewed by our Membership Committee and can take a few weeks up to a month. If approved for the reference phase, we will then provide your application to your listed proposers for references.