The English CMRT is now more convenient! The CMRT English exam can be taken at one of many approved computer-based testing (CBT) locations in the US and internationally.
Locate a testing center
Once you find a location, complete the online CMRT application. Simply indicate that you will be taking a computer-based exam. After completing the online application, you will receive an email with a separate log-in, password and instructions to register for the exam location, date and time on the computer-based testing center's website. Once payment has been made, you have six months to take the exam.
*If you do not receive an email within 72 hours of scheduling an exam, please contact us.
The CMRT exam can also be taken through pencil and paper examinations administered by a SMRPCO Approved Proctor.
To see Public offerings of the CMRT Paper exam, see the Calendar under the Events tab on the SMRP website.
It’s easy to apply to sit for the exam. The best way is to apply online. A paper application may also be completed. For a paper application, please email us.
- Log in or create an account.
- Members can sign into their accounts.
- New members will have to create an account as part of this process and then return here to register for an exam.
- Complete certification application
- Submit payment (be sure to select the right payment amount on the dropdown)